03 May 2006

Works for Me Wednesday


This is from Shannon's blog. I think it is a great idea! :)

If you're into "natural health" type topics, you probably have heard the hoopla about how good apple cider vinegar is for you. From my reading, I don't see how it could hurt, at the least, and I've used it to help cure a nasty case of heartburn that OTCs just didn't hurt. Now, why am I waxing poetic over apple cider vinegar? I can't stand the taste, and can only get it down if it is in something. However, at the handy dandy little local health food store, they have apple cider vinegar tablets! Yup, little tablets that smell like vinegar, but aren't nearly as nasty to taste. What's even better is that a small bottle costs about $5 and lasts quite a while. I think the brand that I use is Nature's Sunshine, but there could be others out there. So, that's my tip. If you can't stand apple cider vinegar, but want the benefits, try the tablets. In addition to the heartburn episode, I've found them to help keep candida (thrush) infections at bay while nursing.

3 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

That is a great idea. I suffer from the occasional heartburn and I have heard that vinager can help you loose weight.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger T said...

Next time I am pregnant and dying of heartburn I will have to try that. (I only get heartburn when I have a little person kicking my stomach around)

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Amber said...

I don't get heartburn- but we struggled with thrush horribly for the first 8 weeks of child #4's life. Passed it back and forth- the way I finally got rid of it was washing down my boobs with vinegar. Well- and taking acidopholis pills and garlic pills. Nystatin didn't do a darned thing- but mother nature worked wonders! (Oh yeah, and genetian violet)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home