03 April 2006

Mommy's TV choice night

Tonight was mommy's choice for television viewing. I was so excited. HOH has been trying to make sure that I get to watch what I want sometimes instead of always watching what he and/or the boys want - or nothing at all, if I so choose. Normally, I pick something that we all enjoy rather than something that appeals mainly to me. Tonight, though, I felt a little selfish, and I chose to watch PBS. There was a wonderful Live at Lincoln Center on, celebrating Julliard's 100th birthday. 90 minutes of unadulterated high culture. I mainly listened as I worked on the mate to one of my single socks. It was such a joy. I have to say that there were many wonderful performers that thrilled me, including Beverly Sills and Itzhak Perlman. However, this little 13 year old boy Peng Peng really took my breath away. He played the first movement of Rachmaninoff's 2nd Piano Concerto. I did watch that bit, and to see his fingers fly, dance, and frolic over the keyboard was truly awe-inspiring. I can't imagine how good he is to be able to play so well at such a young age - and with as much expression as a musician much older than him. I am so happy I was able to listen to/watch this show. Thank you HOH and boys! :) Thank you Lord for giving us classical music and gifting performers to play it so well.

1 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

You ar so absolutely right...being thankful for beautiful music and talented performer...and our families. The Lord has blessed us bountifully. : )

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home