10 April 2006

My heart is really heavy right now. It involves a childhood church and the direction it is taking. I'm working on a more detailed post about it, but I need time to prayerfully put my thoughts into words.

On a more lighter note, this week is supposed to be gorgeous. I'm so very excited. There is baby grass in the backyard, so maybe we'll have a nice backyard this year! :) If it stays dry long enough, FIL will come over and till my garden for me, so then we can plant peas! I need to start some seeds and put them in my loft's window seat so that I can transplant the seedlings into my garden in a few weeks. I'm very excited about this year's garden. I am planning lots of beans, so I need to start thinking about where to put them and what kind of pole/trellis mechanism I'm going to use. My uncle suggests using panels of hog fence, as you can maximize space. Hmmm... I may have to look into it.

On another note, I'm trying hard to determine exactly how/what to teach Bubba come fall. I'm seriously considering the Sonlight curriculum. It looks like a good blend of "school in a box" and independent learning, plus it is Christian and literature-based, which is very appealing to me. My biggest problem is where should I start Bubba. I'm looking at the K stuff, and I don't think he is quite ready. The Pre-K stuff looks like it might be a little young for him, but there seems to be things that we should probably do from it before we really get into K for him. I'm seriously considering starting the Pre-K program now and working through it at Bubba's pace. Then, when we're done, we can always order the K curricula. I guess there's nothing that says you have to start in September, huh? Fun stuff, eh?

By the way, does anyone need any Easter candy? It's not even Easter yet, and my children's gleanings are threatening to overrun the candy/cookie jar (the cookies are already displaced). We still have another side of the family to go, too, and that side is even more into candy! Oh no!!!!

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

A garden? Oh, I'm jealous! I was going to do one this year... and then it turns out we will be moving instead. *sigh* Here's to next year...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home