14 April 2006

I keep meaning to mention this...

I came across a contest hosted by Melissa on Lucia's forum for the month of March. The details are here. Even though the contest is long over, it is still a worthy cause that I will be donating to as I am able. I got a really nice letter from the social worker yesterday, thanking me for donating. I wasn't expecting it, and it made my day. I loved how she described how knitting is so therapeutic to the residents going through the program. I know this to be true from personal experience. Knitting has been what has really helped me deal with getting off of my PPD medicine. Well, knitting and praying both helped, but when you knit, there is a lot of time to quiet yourself and pray! I'm so happy that I had some yarn laying around that could be put to good use! It's great that not only are these ladies learning healthy anxiety-relieving strategies, but they are also learning a skill that they can use to sell items.

As a result of my shopping my stash and donating what I wouldn't use, my stash has been diminished to the point that once I get some projects done, I can buy more yarn - that's what the HOH says anyway. Another thing that I got, which I wasn't even expecting, was some gorgeous stitch markers made by Mel herself! No more yarn loops for me! I'll try to get some pics up later. I used one doing the heel of my latest sock. Anyway, I just wanted to encourage you to donate any yarn, needles, or other items that are knitting or crochet-related to a program like Interim House. If you know of one different from Interim House, please e-mail me or leave it in my comments. I'd love to support as many as I can!

2 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Sounds like a great program! Thanks for sharing that information!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Thank you for sharing the information about this very worthwhile program.

I hope you've had a Blessed Easter and that you have a wonderful upcoming week.

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home