02 May 2006

Week 1 sans TV

This week went pretty well. The only time I really missed it was last night. It has been chilly and rainy a lot this week, and last night was the coldest & rainiest. However, HOH quickly remedied that by taking us all out for a drive while he returned some stuff at Best Buy. The boys are doing well without it, too. Timex sometimes forgets that we don't have the TV in the cabinet and asks for VeggieTales. I may cave tonight and let them watch a VeggieTales DVD on the computer with me, if HOH is gone tonight. Then again, maybe not. We've spent several enjoyable nights together in the master bedroom reading, and one family game night where Timex soundly skunked everybody at Hi Ho Cherry-O! I am looking forward to it warming up and drying out just a bit so we can swing, sit around the fire pit, or otherwise enjoy the outdoors.

I've also been cutting down on my Internet time significantly. In all my "spare" time I found yesterday, I made bread from scratch (and even hand-kneaded it), homemade jelly - black raspberry, and finished some craft swap items that are now overdue. Of course, I did forget the laundry for a few hours, but that's forgiveable, right? Today's plans are much lighter. I'm going to put supper in the crockpot, make 2 more craft items to include in the swap packages, and then mail those suckers. If the boys do a good job at the P.O. for me, we'll go to the library and get some books and audio books/Adventures in Odyssey CDs.

1 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgeting the laundry for a few hours is entirely forgivable:). Sometimes I'd like to forget about it for the rest of my life!
I admire your commitment to giving up TV and cutting way back on internet. We are total TV addicts. I have tried cutting back, but it just doesn't work. We need to go cold turkey. Unfortunatly I can't convince the rest of my family (especially DH!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home