20 March 2006

Brief update

Thanks for prayers. Timex is still healthy, and the rest of us seem to be getting better. Short Stuff had a wonderful birthday party. My parents didn't stay as long as they had planned, due to a huge snowstorm headed our way tonight, but it was long enough. My mom brought me her sock to turn the heel for her, which I got done today. I'll have the gusset decreases done by tomorrow, so she'll get it back on Saturday when she and dad bring Bubba back to us.

I don't think I'll get my "M" for the Sock-a-month Knitalong that Knittin' Mom has started. I did one anklet sock with lots of cables on size 2s, which hurt my hands tremendously, so I'm not going to do the second sock for a while. I recently started a pair of Thuja socks (knit with my preferred yarn, gauge, and needles), but I'm not going to get that pair done before the deadline either. I'll probably have 2 mateless socks and an extra heel turn/gusset decrease for the month. But, that's okay. I can always get my "A" for April on the Thuja's, maybe even a brownie point for the cabled anklets. My "break" knitting is some yummy Karabella Aurora 8 in a chocolate color on 10.5s. That will be a shrug when it is done, and the yarn is so soft. If I ever knit a sweater, it will be in this yarn, or at least something similar in feel. I could wear that wool next to my skin any day!

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

Timex, Bubba, Short Stuff...too cute.

Boys are great! I'll soon have only three left at home (and my sweet girl). #2 is leaving to be a cowboy in Montana! Yeee-haw! God is so good! But we're gonna miss him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home