10 March 2006

"Let the Children Come to Me"

I think I understand why the Father loves children so much. As crazy as I get at my kids, I'm even crazier for them. Each one is special in his own way - the baby for his sweet trusting and cute antics; the middle one for his derring do and the way he marches to the beat of a different drummer; and the oldest one for his sweetness & caring.

Bubba is a lover. He loves people, and he always has, even from babyhood. He has been so worried lately that a little boy he knows is going to hell because he doesn't know Jesus. We pray for this boy lots, just because Bubba knows the power of prayer & knows that it is what C needs. We will probably never see C again. It's a tragic situation. Bubba says that he will share the Gospel with him if we ever see him again, but since we probably won't, he says he's going to pray for C and his mom every day. Isn't that sweet? So far he has, too. I'm so proud of him, and his sensitivity to the things of the Lord. I never thought I'd see this day, especially when we were Catholic.

The responsibility to shape and mold these creatures is so staggering. I'm so thankful that God is there every step of the way for us, and that there are such things as unconditional love and grace. My prayer today is that the Lord gives me the words to teach these little ones as I help form them into godly men.

6 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,
I just discovered your blog from your comments on my blog. Your blog is lovely. (Let me see if I can use the word "blog" a few more times!) I really enjoyed reading your post on your faith journey. I bet it's so much fun at your house with 3 little boys. I look forward to reading more.
Who knew there were so many knitting, Christian, home educators out there!

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was precious--thank you for such a sweet reminder of how important our job is.

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Such sweet children! And such an encouraging post. May I be found more and more in prayer regarding this role...motherhood.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Amy from Ezekiel's Garden said...

Thank you ladies!

As you probably know, this isn't always the case. There are lots of times when I'm ready to find some gypsies to sell the boys to. However, seeing moments like these really encourage me and give me the strength to keep trying. That and tons of prayer for wisdom. :)

~Amy

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

What a wonderful family. : )

I'll be praying for C and his mom, too.

I hope you have a wonderful week.

Shelly

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Hey, Amy!

It's been awhile since you've updated!

Just wanted you to know that I've missed you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home