07 March 2006

Slacker accountability

Well, I've been doing a bit better in the slacking area, but it's not at all what I outlined! The bedrooms are about 50/50 most days - some days the beds get made and sometimes they don't. However, I've been doing really well at the laundry and the kitchen. Go figure! I'm just pleased with myself that I'm getting motivated to try to get this place tidy. It's only a little over a year old, so there's hope while it's still young! I can't remember if I've mentioned it, but HOH also suggested hiring someone to help me with the vacuuming and dusting a couple of times a month, since that seems to be my worst pitfall. I was delighted at the suggestion, and after I get my new "un-slacker" self down better, we'll see if I still need that help.

I hope I'm not too ambitious with my garden this year. I just ordered quite a few seeds from Seed Savers Exchange. I have 5 different kinds of dried beans coming, carrots, brussels sprouts, leeks, peas, peppers, winter squash, and some herbs. This is in addition to the tomatoes and summer squash that my mom will be starting for me and bringing up later this spring. I'm very excited. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can work the soil. I'm really excited about the beans. I love beans, and it is a bit disheartening that my sons all look at beans like they are some sort of alien life form. Oh well! I guess that means I only have to fight DH for them.

A bit of an update on the "library" project that HOH has going - he is putting the facing on the cabinets right now with Bubba. They're about to quit because it is late and the two babies are sleeping, or were before that last round of banging. I'm really excited about how it is turning out. I think it will be beautiful. His friend from work is supposed to come over tomorrow night and help him make the top for it - yay!!! Can't wait to see it!!! :) We may be able to install the new floor (Pergo or hardwood; we're still undecided) this coming weekend! This is particularly exciting because I may actually get all the book boxes unloaded and out of the way before Short Stuff has his birthday!

3 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Hi Amy! Thanks for your comments on my blog! It's great to meet another Christian knitter. Looking at your blog, and interests, and links, we have so much in common - most importantly our love for our Lord! I'll be adding you to my bloglines and keeping in touch!

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

You are certainly encouraging me to get started on spring cleaning. It sounds like you are making wonderful progress.

How exciting to have a library. I hope it turns out even more wonderful that you hope.

Enjoy your busy household and the children and babies. They grow way too quickly....says that Mom with her babies all fledged from the nest.

Have a wonderful weekend and have fun picking out your new flooring.

Blessings to you and your family,

Shelly

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

Amy,

I enjoyed your musings, especially about your seeds. Aren't seeds and gardens so much fun! I've often had a spring garden when we lived in Texas and sometimes a spring and a fall garden--great state for gardening with two seasons!

Because we keep moving for DH's contracts, I haven't been gardening of late, so I write and paint in all my spare time (when not homeschooling my six children). Like you, I'm heavy on boys--five of my six are boys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home