02 June 2006

Eat your heart out, Miracle Grow!!!

I raise big babies. It's just a fact of my life. All of my boys were over 8 lbs at birth (Timex was over 10 lbs). I'm used to lugging 25+ lb toddlers around and have the biceps to prove it. However, my darling 14-month old Teflon takes the cake. He had a well-baby checkup today and tipped the baby scales at 27 lbs 12 oz. His height is even more astounding. He is 34 1/2 in tall. No wonder I've been noticing that I can't carry him as well anymore! I'm still in shock at his stats. His feet and hands ("man hands" as the doctor called them) are really large, too. I think he is going to be tall like my husband's youngest brother. Uncle Andy is over 6'4", and there is a grandfather or great-grandfather who was something like 6'7" on that side, too. Not to mention that we are tall willowy people on my dad's side.

Go breastmilk and cheerios!!!

6 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

LOL! Go Amy! We grow 'em big here, too, 9 lb 3 oz, (the first and smallest), 9 lb 7 oz, and 10 lb 2 oz. Isn't it easy to pick out your baby in the nursery at the hospital when they're the big fat ones, though?

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Beck said...

Amy, my boy was a big baby - 9 lb 11 oz at birth (and yes, Lynda, I could really pick him out among the other newborns!. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

It's great the Teflon is growing so well . Our son was 7 lbs. 9 ozs. at birth, but is now 6' 1" and still growing. He's now 24.

Children are indeed blessings from above.

Shelly

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

OH, this post almost makes me whimper... I thought my son was big at 9 pounds. I ended up with a broken tail bone and stitches too numerous to count...

I stand amazed! You win...!! :-)

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

Breast Milk = Organic!!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

I grow em' small, for some weird reason!
My Katie weighed 30 pounds when she was THREE! She is still in her 40's.

Your family have always been good eaters too (as evidence from your lunch box post at my blog)!!

Good job mommie!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home