30 May 2006

Beating the heat

Well, our A/C conked out over this nice hot humid long weekend, and it's going to be at least Thursday for anyone to come look at it, or next week if we wait for the company that installed our A/C to come out. So, in honor of the heat, stickiness, and general overdependence on conditioned air, I thought I'd write out my suggestions for things to do. Given the situation, I think it is a good idea. I might otherwise forget a few of my ideas and get desperate.

1. Run fans. Lots of fans. Moving air is much better than still air.
2. Popsicles, watermelon, and crushed ice in our water.
3. Foil on the west-facing windows - keeps the back of the house cool.
4. Stay downstairs as much as possible.
5. Don't use the oven.
6. Nurse as little as possible, give sippy with ice instead.
7. Library - A/C, books, and a play area.
8. Acclimate.
9. Be grateful when it is fixed!

1 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Bless your heart! I'll be praying for cooler days for your area until the AC is fixed.

I agree, visit the library often. : )

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home