22 February 2006

On Knitting Gifts

I have finally finished the gusset decreases on the second of my sister's belated birthday socks. These are only the second pair of socks I have knitted, and a different heel method than the first, so we'll see how they turn out. So far, though, I am liking the traditional heel flap really well, and my only problems are the tiny holes from picking up the gusset stitches. So, it's about 5 inches of straight stockinette before I can decrease. Then, I get to kitchener again!!!! Yippee!!!!

I think I have finally discovered the outlet to needing to knit so much - gifts. I'm really liking the fact that I'm making something that my sister will like and use. Bubba and Timex picked out the yarn. It's Lion Brand Magic Stripes in the Jelly Bean colorway. It's fun, funky, and very suited to Umbrella (my sister) and her personality. So far, the process has been very rewarding. Maybe it is just that I know it will be appreciated. Maybe it is because it is for my dear sister. Maybe it is just that I am knitting socks, which are easy, quick, and very addictive.

4 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

HI. Just stopped by to welcome you. I found your link on Hireth's page and decided to stop by. I'll be back!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Randi said...

Hello, welcome to blogging!

I knit a tiny bit--it is a little frustrating for me! Sewing is my craft-of-choice and I do a lot of it!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Amy from Ezekiel's Garden said...

Hi momrn2! :)

Hi randi! I also sew. I tend to knit until I'm tired of it, go to sewing, then back again. I'd like to think I'm better at knitting than sewing, but I think I do them equally well - well, at least with my mom helping me sew... And I help her knit, so we're even.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Hello Amy!!! Well...look at you...with a blog!
Welcome and thank you for leaving a little link!

I wish for you as much fun blogging as I have :o)

Blessings,
Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home