17 February 2006

Keeping a Quiet Heart

Well, I think I've finally learned the lesson that the Lord has been trying to teach me this week. I don't think my week could've gone any less the way I planned it if I had tried. Monday, I was really peevish and grumpy about it, not enjoying it at all. Tuesday, I decided to make the best of it, especially so I didn't take it out on Bubba, Timex, and Short Stuff, when it definitely wasn't their fault. So, I relaxed. I changed my attitude. I actually enjoyed it! I saw my wonderful mother-in-law every single day this week, and we visited a lot. Even though my in-laws live only 10-15 minutes away from us, it seems like we're both so busy going our separate ways that we see them even less than we see my parents who live 3 hours away. Other positives from my disjointed week are that my bed finally looks finished with the new quilt and bed skirt I bought. My van has new tires, and I got to do my weekly grocery shopping with only Short Stuff.

I feel like I missed out on Monday's unexpected blessing because my heart was not quiet. I was agitated, irritated, and focused on myself. I was able to listen to Revive Our Hearts today. Nancy was wrapping up a series about how to have a quiet heart. I'm going to be reading the transcripts, and possibly getting the whole message series. As always, it hit home for me. Such excellent suggestions. Something I've been missing. It also ties into other things I've been hearing/reading/discussing. Another thing that jumped out at me, was, as I was meditating on Jer 29:13, I was thinking. The Lord knows the plans He has for us. They are good plans, and will benefit us. Even if they aren't the plans that we have for ourselves. It is so tempting to complain about our plans being thwarted, even if we remember that the Lord works good for all those who trust Him. Part of my journey to keeping a quiet heart is to remember this truth and be Christ-centered. I hope you'll join me.

2 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Yay! Amy's got a blog! And I got here first!

I'm looking forward to reading your posts and getting to know you better, Amy!

Thanks for visiting me at my blog and commenting.

I hope you have fun with your new blogging adventure!

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Amy from Ezekiel's Garden said...

Thank you Kim! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home